A Skinny Fat
See this month’s
article on page 4
Print this out in either format:
Open the PDF
5. Included in a recent University of Rio de Janeiro study, was an assertion that MCTs are rapidly metabolized and less stored in the ___ tissue. Clue: fat
6. Coconut has hundreds of uses as a source of food, drink, fiber, construction material, charcoal, and oil used in cooking, _____, industrial applications, and biofuels. Clue: medicinal drugs
7. MCTs benefits include better absorption of Vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium. True or False?
9. MCTs benefits include the maintenance of LDL levels. True or False?
10. As a _____ source of both food and water, the coconut played a critical role in the ability of humans to voyage, establish trade routes, and colonize lands. Clue: transportable
12. Unlike most other cooking oils, MCTs are extremely stable—they do not readily become _____. Clue: to become combined chemically with oxygen
13. In PubMed and Elsevier from 2000 and 2010, six of fourteen studies showed a decrease in body mass of individuals, with consequent loss of ____. Clue: poundage
15. Early man searched for ideal foods—those demonstrating the highest perceived energetic and ____ values. Clue: rhymes with feeling
16. Coconut’s edible (cooking) oil is the source of ___ chain triglycerides (MCTs). Clue: middle ground
1. MCTs provide ____ metabolism and less storage in adipocytes (fat cells). Clue: opposite of slower
2. The influence of _____ palm (Cocos nucifera L.), on the history of human expansion in the humid tropics, is matchless in the plant kingdom. Clue: large, oval, brown seed of a tropical palm, consisting of a hard shell lined with edible white flesh
3. In the process of scientific discovery, the first thing that people do is to deny its universalizability. True or False?
4. Based on studies, MCTs use can now seriously be considered an important ______ tool in the armamentarium for obesity. Clue: food (adv.)
8. ___ is a state in which excessive fat accumulates in the body, due to energy intake exceeding energy expenditure greatly. Clue: corpulence
11. MCTs work to control harmful bacteria viruses, and fungi inside the body. True or False?
14. Scientists Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw recommend one to ___ tablespoons of MCT oil a day, used as a butter substitute on vegetables, cereal, fish, or meat. Clue: 1,2, ___
The Healing Gourmet |
MCT Salad Dressing
¼ c. MCT oil
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves pressed garlic
¼ c. balsamic and/or red wine vinegar
½ tbsp. herbs to your taste.
Mix well as MCT oil is lighter than olive oil and they will tend to separate, but no worries. YUM! For a flavor enhancer add our Ineffable Essence.™ Let me know how you like it.