Galantamind Elevates Attention
2017: The Light of Possibility
by Dr. Joyce Block
Print this out in either format:
See this month’s article on page 4
Open the PDF
4. The Korean study encourages the role of combined administration of AChEI and citicoline in disease management by slowing ___ progression. Clue: The kind of progression that motivates you to be reading this magazine.
6. If you don’t improve your ability to concentrate and enhance your powers of attention, how can you expect to keep up with the____ in advanced biomedical discoveries in 2017? Clue: What happens when you literally put your foot on the gas pedal?
7. Galantamine and choline are good for concentration and attention, especially when taken ___. Clue: Not alone.
9. Hypertension damages the blood vessel lining exposing collagen where platelets aggregate to initiate a repair. Reducing hypertension may be achieved with ___ bicarbonate supplementation. Clue: An ass between a pot and an “ium.”
11. In Alzheimer’s disease patients with cerebrovascular disease, galantamine elevates ___. Clue: Mindfulness.
12. When arteries supplying oxygen to the ___ are affected the result is one of a number of cerebrovascular diseases. Clue: The subject of the scarecrow’s musical lament.
1. The ways in which CDP-Choline can have beneficial effects on vascular cognitive decline include apoptosis inhibition, neuroplasticity potentiation, telepathy, phospholipid and acetylcholine (ACh) synthesis. Clue: Which effect does not belong?
2. The debilitating memory disruptions are even greater when cerebrovascular disease (CVD), is ____. Clue: After the past.
3. We now know that it is possible to increase the effects of an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, (_____), such as galantamine with the addition of choline alphoscerate or other choline donors. Clue: Acronym.
4. The Attention Questionaires Score (AQS) has ranges from 0 (severe attention deficit) to 30 (no attention deficit). This score was improved significantly at week 16 in the Korean study after taking 8 mg, 16, and 24 mg. of galantamine ___. Clue: every day.
5. Where is Professor Coyote and who created this scientific CSI anyway? Clue: Two names with no spaces in between.
8. Citicoline (aka CDP-Choline) can have beneficial effects both in degenerative and in vascular cognitive decline in a ___ of ways. Clue: many.
10. A 2008–9 Korean study on the effect of galantamine on attention in AD and CVD patients, resulted in a significant decrease in the Dementia Rating and the ___ Deterioration Score. Clue: comprehensive, overall.