Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a specialized type of lecithin that has been found to support memory function.* In addition to providing vital lipid components of brain cell membranes,* PS plays a role in:
- increasing the number of neurotransmitter receptor sites*
- spurring the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine*
- increasing dopamine release*
- restoring youthful synaptic plasticity*
- augmenting brain glucose metabolism*
- keeping cell membranes flexible and permeable*
Phosphatidylserine is a cell membrane phospholipid needed for proper memory function.* Adequate levels help enhance membrane flexibility, permeability, strength, and the ability to withstand stress.*
Very limited and preliminary scientific research suggests that Phosphatidylserine (PS) may reduce the risk of cognitive dysfunction in the elderly. FDA concludes that there is very little scientific evidence supporting this claim.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule 3 times per day with meals and optionally at bedtime.
Caution: Not for use by children or by pregnant or lactating women. Not for use by anyone sensitive to any of the ingredients.